google chrome this setting is enforced by your administrator I recently updated my Chrome browser and noticed something very weird. Many fields in the Settings have been disabled. "This setting is enforced by your administrator" appears next to many fields including my saved passwords section (which I need to look up one my old passwords for a website).
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy
- Open each subdirectory there and change the *.pol files to *.sav, E.g. registry.pol becomes registry.sav.
- Hit Windows-Key + R, type the following in the box and hit enter
- reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome
- In the command promt window that opens type: Yes and press Enter.
- Restart Google Chrome and check whether you can change the search engine.
- Try to use this solution:
- Run regedit, Delete the key, then restart Chrome.