c program files google chrome application chrome exe, I am trying to allow access from local files in Chrome. Everything I see tells me to right click on properties and add this to the "target". When doing that I get an error message saying ... specified in the target box is not valid.
Go to Local disk C/Program Files/Google Chrome/Application Now search for Chrome.exe Right click Click on rename Add .exe Don't worry if the name becomes 'chrome.exe.exe' Issue resolved!
If it does not help...... Go to Local Disk/C/SEARCH FOR Program files 86/ Rest is the same! :)
I am using a HP Pavillion and I was using Google Chrome. All of a sudden, it shut down and my 2 Chrome icons disappeared from my desk top. An error message appeared stating "Program Files (X86)/Google/Chrome/Application/new_chrome.exe. I no longer have Chrome and it fails to download.
1) Press the keys Windows + R and then type C:\Program Files then ENTER. Delete the folder Google with SHIFT + DEL
2) Press the keys Windows + R and then type %LOCALAPPDATA% then ENTER. Delete the folder Google with SHIFT + DEL
Now try this:
1) Press Windows + Q and type cmd in the search box, and then right-click on Run as administrator.
2) Paste one by one these commands bellow, and then ENTER
reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google /f
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google /f
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google /f
3) Restart your PC and then install Chrome by this link chrome.com