Download Google Chrome Latest Version Offline

Posts about google chrome

17 January 2017

Google Chrome Helper Activity Monitor CPU Usage Prob

google chrome helper activity monitor, In MacOS in the Activity Monitor Google Chrome extensions show as "Google Chrome Helper". These often take up much of the CPU time. Is it possible to determine which tab a given Google Chrome Helper process is running on?

Other people have suggested setting the plug-ins run mode to "Click to play". It seems that this doesn't cover all instances of the helper, since I already have it set to click to play. As you can see from the image below, there are MANY instances of this helper running. Anyway this doesn't get to the heart of the question- which tab is the process running on.

Solution 1 in Mac



Chrome's built-in Task Manager (accessible from Menu > More tools > Task manager) will show you a per-tab resource utilization.

If case the culprit is extension code or a plug-in running in a normal tab, you won't be able to identify it with only that; extension entries in the Task Manager are only for background pages of extensions.

You may be able to investigate further with Dev Tools profiler.

Google Chrome Helper Activity Monitor


In Google Chrome for each plug-in, process, application, or there is a separate tab process. These processes can be seen and forced to complete the task manager Chrome.
Open Activity Monitor Task Manager, look at the processes "Google Chrome Helper", identify them by PID.
In the "monitor activity" Chrome Helper shown as "not responding", but in the manager is operating normally.  Close it


Solution 2 Windows


Write click Task Bar > Start Task Manager > Chrome Activity Monitor /Helper > You may close it



Solution 3


o to Chrome > preferences > settings > show advanced settings > content settings (under privacy)
Then click the 'click to play' button under the Plugins section.
Click done when you are finished.


Solution 4


This may be a little late, but for anyone wondering... I had incredibly choppy scrolling with Chrome for at least 2-3 months on Mavericks 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 with my Late-2013 rMBP 2.3GHz w/ 750M. On both integrated and discrete graphics, Chrome would scroll terribly on the rMBP display -- but it scrolls just fine on my external 1920x1200 24" monitor (driving both screens at the same time) on integrated graphics! I figure this is definitely a bug in Chrome. I knew I'd messed with the Chrome experimental flags before, so I decided to take a peek.
Here are the steps I took that seemed to fix my choppy scrolling:
  1. Type "chrome://flags" into the URL bar
  2. Found "Accelerated overflow scroll" as the second option - was set to Default
  3. Changed this to Enabled
  4. Restarted Chrome
  5. After letting tabs load, it seems to have scrolling pretty close to, if not the same as it used to be before. I have less CPU usage from scrolling, switching tabs, and playing content.
  6. I turned it off and restarted Chrome after testing out a variety of websites to see if the issue would come back. Strangely, the issue is gone. Maybe a setting got stuck somewhere and I reset it. I DUNNO.

0 comments:

Translate

Powered by Blogger.