Download Google Chrome Latest Version Offline

Posts about google chrome

7 April 2017

Google Chrome Preferences Cannot Be Read

google chrome preferences cannot be read I have a problem every time I open the chrome. I'm getting the error message:

  • Your preferences cannot be read.
  • Some features may be unavailable and changes to preferences won't be saved.
  • So, I have to sign in at chrome every fresh start.


I have search the web and the solution to reinstall chrome doesn't work for me. I find that the problem is a missing folder but I don't know who.

My operating system is Windows 8. Any help to overcome with my problem is more than appreciated.

Solution

  1. Exit Google Chrome completely.
  2. Enter the keyboard shortcut Windows key+E to open Windows Explorer. In the Windows Explorer window that appears enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
  3. Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
  4. Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.

Solution


fix, error: preference files cannot read."

  • go to control panel
  • programs
  • uninstall
  • click on program getting error.
  • click repair

0 comments:

Translate

Powered by Blogger.